Directory List & Print
by Infonautics GmbH Switzerland
Free and Pro Version
Directory List & Print is a software tool for Windows™ and enables listing and printing the content of any directory in a simplest way.
In addition, the file lists can be formatted, filtered, saved to several file formats and also be further processed (delete/copy/move files).
By copying to the clipboard the lists can be exported into other programs or opened directly in Word™ and Excel™.
The Free Version (Freeware) has all the basic features included, the Pro Version (Shareware) provides interesting additional features.
Please click on the images to enlarge them.
Show HTML-table as demonstration result of some Pro-features
Display detailed features and program screenshots as PDF
The software is digitally signed and available for download in the languages
The software can be tested free of charge before purchase. It does not modify your operating system at all.
Buy license online now and all future updates are included!
Pro Version (Shareware) and Free Version (Freeware)
- Selection of starting directory by an Explorer like tree structure.
- Selection of starting directory by entering the path as a text string.
- Drag & Drop of directories (or a file) from Windows Explorer.
- Integration of "Open in Directory List & Print" in the directory context menu of Windows Explorer.
- Direct selection of important system directories as "My Documents" etc.
- Listing of sub-directories and/or files and looping through sub-directories (recursion).
- Sort files/directories by name in NATURAL order (like Windows Explorer).
- Update file list automatically or manually.
- Display of last modification and creation date.
- Display of last modificatione and creation time.
- Display of file size.
- Display of file name with or without directory path.
- Display of file names with or without file extensions.
- Indication of number of entries of files and directories in the list.
- Print directory listing, direct printing of corresponding list.
- Export list into other programs by copying to the clipboard. The corresponding data will be organized in columns and separated by tabs so that the list can be pasted directly into Excel ™ as a table.
- Open the list directly in Microsoft Word™ and Excel™.
- Support for connecting and disconnecting network drives.
- Automatic saving of display options when exiting the program.
- Start program with a directory path as a parameter.
Pro Version only (Shareware)
- Save own directory favorites.
- Set directory recursion depth for subdirectories.
- Display of file attributes (archive, read-only, hidden, system, compressed, encrypted).
- Display of calculated checksums for files: CRC32, MD5, SHA1.
- Display of the owner of files and directories.
- Display of title of document files (pdf,doc,docx,xls,xlsx,ppt,pptx).
- Display of extent of document files if possible (pdf,doc,docx,xlsx,pptx).
- Display the version number and title of executables (exe,dll).
- Display format of audio/video and image files.
- Display of dimensions like width, height, bit depth, dpi or frames/s.
- Display duration and title of audio and video files.
- Display of sampling and bit rates for audio files.
- Display of frame rate and bit rate of video files.
- Display of a continuous numbering of the objects.
- Display of column titles in the first row.
- Show number and sum of size and length of the displayed objects.
- Display of the date in many different international formats.
- Display of the time in many different international formats.
- Display the duration of media files in different time formats.
- Sort files/directories by name in NATURAL or ASCII order, ascending/descending.
- Sort files by size, date/time, duration (A/V), ascending/descending.
- Set filter to certain file size range.
- Set filter to include or exclude certain file types.
- Set filter to include or exclude files and directories by certain terms.
- Set filter to include or exclude files by date range, date created or modified.
- Set filter to include or exclude files by attributes (archive, read-only, hidden, system, compressed, encrypted).
- Set filter on audio/video/image properties (Width, Height, BitDepth, Resolution DpI, FrameRate FpS, BitRate KBpS, SamplingRate KHz, Duration in Seconds).
- Set filter on length of filenames, eg. to analyze the file system when copying it to a new directory structure (path+filename, filename only, >, =, <).
- Action, further processing of the files in the file list with a preview of the intended processing. Listed files can be deleted, moved to the Recycle Bin, copied and moved to another destination directory. Already existing files in the target directory can be overwritten or not. The directory structure will be taken over in the destination directory. (File deletion can be prevented by a registry entry.)
- Output the list directly to the default printer.
- Output the list as HTML table (font and color etc. customizable).
- Output the list as XML file.
- Output the list in comma- or tab-delimited file or CSV file.
- Linking of files and directories in Excel™ and HTML output for direct open by mouse click.
(This function is customizable for any language variant of Excel)
All files supporting extended information
Date/Time created, Date/Time modified, Size, File attributes, CRC32, File type, File path, File name
Image files supporting additional information
Image format, Image size, Bit depth, Resolution DpI
- bmp, png, gif, jpg, jpeg, jpeg2000, jp2, j2k, j2c, jng, jif, jpe, tiff, tif, tga, targa, ico, pcd, pcx, cut, dds, exr, g3, hdr, lbm, koa, mng, pbm, pfm, pgm, pct, pic, pict, ppm, ras, raw, nef, nrw, dng, crw, cr2, sgi, wbmp, xbm, xpm
Audio files supporting additional information
Title, Duration, Audio format, Sampling rate KHz, Bitrate Kbps, Fixed/Variable Bitrate
- ogg, ogm, wav, mp2, mp3, wma, ra, ape, mac, flac, aiff, aifc, au, iff, paf, sd2, irca, w64, mat, pvf, xi, sds, avr, ac3, aac, dts
Video files supporting additional information
Title, Duration, Video format, Picture size, Frame rate Fps, Bitrate Kbps
- avi, mpeg, mpg, vob, mp4, mpgv, mpv, m1v, m2v, m4v, asf, wmv, qt, mov, rm, rmvb, ifo, wtv, dvr-ms, mkv, mka, mks, divx, xvid, m2ts, mts, ts, flv
Document files supporting additional information
Title, Extent like pages/sheets/slides and number of characters
- pdf, doc, docx, xls, xlsx, ppt, pptx (Title)
- pdf, doc, docx, xlsx, pptx (Extent)
Executable files supporting additional information
Title, Version number
- Microsoft Windows™ XP/Vista/7/8 (32bit application, executable on 64bit).
- About 10 MB disk space.
Buy Online Now!
Some of the features in the Pro Version are not free and set inactive in the freeware version.
They can be activated online by a licence for a small fee.
The licence is non-expiring and valid for all future updates.
||Buy at RegNow
||Buy at ShareIt
|Single (1 PC)
The software can be installed as single user licence on 1 PC. The licence refers to the name of the user. For any further PC an additional licence is required.
|Business (10 PCs)
The software can be installed on up to 10 PCs within the same company. The licence refers to the name of the company.
|Corporate (11+ PCs)
Within the same company the program can be installed on an unlimited number of PCs. The licence refers to the name of the company.
"Hi. I never understood why it was easier to print a directory in DOS than Windows.
Thank you for the slick program 'Directory List & Print'. Cheers"
Tom Mathers, Canada
"Hi, I just needed to print a list of files and couldn't make Windows 7 perform.
A quick web search got me to your utility and it worked GREAT.
Thanks much, you've saved me from much frustration."
Jacques Vandenbroek, USA
"Hello, I have just downloaded and used your 'Directory List and Print' which is a wonderful time saver.
The application was easy to download and to use. Anybody else who has thousands of files will find this program invaluable.
I have 12,000 jpegs, the filenames of which I have re-captioned, and put in numerous directories.
To have done this in DOS would have been a day's work, but 'Directory List and Print' has done it within half-an-hour, so thank you for this invaluable program.
I will recommend it to others whom I know."
Paul Fletcher, USA
"With your program, I just view things in time order with file types and sizes, then hit 'print!'.
Simple, and very smart. Thank you for making life easier!"
Bob Taylor, USA
"Thanks VERY much for the update. Directory List & Print Pro is one of my favorite and most useful utilities.
It works flawlessly and I would not want to be without it. Again, a big thank-you."
Gord MacSwain, Canada
"A great tool is getting even better. Again hats off to your team."
Kumar Nepa, India
Download French FR
Translation courtesy of
H. Avedissian, France
Download Dutch NL
Translation courtesy of
J. Korpershoek, Netherlands
Download Italian IT
Translation courtesy of
Pino Morra, Italy
USD 20.- (Single Licence)
Euro 15.- (Single Licence)
Buy license online now!
Business Licence (10 PCs) and Corporate Licence (11+ PCs)
Frequently Asked Questions
By eMail (english / german)
About us ...
© Copyright by